Monday, January 31, 2011

SEA to ATL

This is what the Traveling Man is supposed to be doing - writing a blog while sitting in the airport, ready to get on an airplane. I am in Seattle going to Atlanta for the week. I say that the early morning flights are really just a way to get into the eastern time zone early. 3:30 am is just 6:30 in Atlanta, and here I go. Tomorrow I have to get up that early anyway! My flight is at 6:10, which is about 50 minutes from now. No problem. Traffic is light, and the latte stand was open (I was the first customer this morning).

This is a good week for me, with lots of things happening. I have this afternoon in the office, and Tuesday and Wednesday until early afternoon. Then down to the Hilton at the airport for the MOTAG-South meetings through until Friday afternoon. MOTAG is a meeting where all my pulp and a paper buddies come for an annual meeting just to network and to share stories. There is an actual technical program (on which I regularly present, but not this time), and dinners with your customers and friends. I have dinners scheduled for Wed and Thursday nights at this point, so there is always something to do. Fun.

Projects seem active. I have a couple that seem about to cut loose with PO's, so that is good. One in Stockton, CA, and another in OR. Lots of action on the West Coast.

Have fun this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment