Thursday, January 20, 2011

A moment of introspection

Why do I feel like things are speeding up, and I'm being left behind?

I once knew a guy who had previously been in posts that most people would think are pretty important; Sales Manager, General Manager, etc. When I met him he was a Territorieal Salesman at the age of 65. He once told me, "I don't care whose fingers I step on as I climb down the ladder of success!" I feel like this is happening to me, and I'm not ready for it! I still have too much to give, and I want to give it.

For the past couple of months I've been stuck in a sort of limbo where I am waiting for an offiail announcement concerning my employment fate. I wait, and I wait, and still I hear nothing. It put me into a sort of depression for a while, but I'm not one to stay down long. Still, here I am, ready to make a big difference in the company through my sales efforts and they can't seem to make a final official statement. I am ready to make a decision on my part if the ruling goes against me (meaning, if they cut my compensation by too much, I'm outta here). Still, it is not a bad job and I'd like to ride it out if I can.

Things go up, and things go down. Maybe Im having a low biorhythm day today. I d]guess sI am. I'll be up tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. My entire life I have always been interested in what you do. I think it is the cycle of nature -sons being interested in their father's proffession. Not that I have ever felt a need to take the helm as in other cultures, but I'm still interested. I have every confidence that this will resolve for the better, and you undoubtedly still have much to contribute to your company and your industry. If there's one thing you know how to do, it's keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you need a fluid adjustment. Mom can help you out with that. :-) (And then don't tell us...'cause gross...)

    ReplyDelete