Saturday, January 22, 2011

An ordinary Saturday

First, I would suggest you check out the Big Questions blog concurring last night's meeting. This is what is on my mind this morning.

As for the funk I was in on Thursday, some of the fog was lifted Friday when my paycheck was deposited in the account. The amount was significantly less than in 2010 owing to a new compensation package that had been discussed in general terms with me, but not spelled out specifically. Now that I could see the base salary change, I contacted the home office for clarity about the rest. They assured me that the commission package "would make me happy", but I still have no specifics. I hope they do make me happy. Right now I am Not Happy.

Today a co-worker from Atlanta is arriving about now and we are to meet at the Redhook Brewery for lunch and a tour. Sounds like fun to me. I like this guy, and he is not at all involved in the mess of the previous paragraph. I'm not sure how the afternoon will play out, but I am hopeful he will be here for dinner. He is staying in Seattle tonight and Sunday nights, so he will have plenty of time to fool around in town if he wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment