Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weather and Context

Today has been a day of extreme weather. We have had sleet, rain, snow, hail, and sun, each in its turn. It waa sleeting as I sat in the hot tub this morning at 6:00. It transitioned to snow by 8:00. It was sunny at noon, and the hail started pounding down at 3:00, accumulating more than a trace before it stopped. The temperature was in the low 40's, so it wasn't going to stick around, but seeing the variety was interesting. We even had thunder in the later afternoon, along with thunder clouds. It is like we are living in the midwest, and not the northwest.

I've been lacking a certain motivation lately. project work is routine, although very detailed. I've been slogging through that for the past week or so. No particular visits are needed. I will be in Atlanta next week, but most of the folks I usually visit will be out of town for the week. so, I will be on my own to finish off th proposals, phone my contacts and stay in touch, and try and keeo things moving along. Not anything too fancy or difficult.

Write to me. I'll need the stimulation.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and mom need a vacation. Or a possible job reconsideration. Have you been thinking at all about your many possible future books? Try getting a start on one of those. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete