Sunday, April 17, 2011

Finally a Sunny Day!

Has it really been 10 days since the last post? Where has the time gone?

I spent the last week in Atlanta. The weather was in the mid-70's and sunny. I took my short and walking shoes, and was able to get in a walk along the Big Creek walking path. It is a very popular place for evening walkers. And joggers, and bicyclists. Recent flooding has left portions of the path with some sand and grit, but this has been cleared away for the most part. Anyway, it was good to get out and do something in the evening. I only had one night, Wednesday, that I was able to make it happen, but i cherished it.

Today it cleared up about 11:00 and the rest of the day has been sunny. The high temp will probably be about 50 so it was definitely not warm, but he sun was most welcome. I did a ride to Everett and back on my LeMond bike this afternoon and it was good to get out on the road again. I am totally out of shape for this, however, and I need to take every opportunity to ride and get back into shape. I am signed up fo NO rides this year, so far. I need to fix that, too. Many of my favorite rides are in conflict with known travels, so at least I have some excuse. Still, no STP, no Apple Century, and they have cancelled Hot August Days and the Dam to Dam. I'll have to make up my own rides on the Dry Side and be self-supporting. I've done that before. It works out fine. Wanna go with me?

I'm cooking dinner right now, so I have to go and check the kabobs.

Tomorrow I'm off to southern Colorado. I go from Seattle to Denver, and then to Durango. There I rent a car and drive to Pagosa Springs. Look it up on a map. It is about a 75 minute drive. I should arrive at Pagosa Springs about 6:30 local time, just in time for dinner. I'm meeting a guy from Sweden who has come over to do some work on a mobile shipper there. It seems to heat up too much at elevations above 7,000 feet. Hmmmmm..... I wonder if the altitude has anything to do with this? Sweden as a country is entirely at seal level. We are putting on a bigger radiator and upgrading the pumping system. Sounds logical. I hope it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment