Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pagosa Springs, and Chipping Ponderosa Pines

Actually, I left for Colorado on Monday and returned on Wednesday. I spent the day on Tuesday in the woods of southern CO, in the Ponderosa Pine woods, and it was very lovely. I took a ton of pictures, but they are now on my Dell computer and not on the iPad, so I don't have them to put on the Blog. Sorry. Imagine pictures of trees bing chipped up in a big blue chipper thing, running around the woods on the back of a big red wagon. That is what I was watching in the Ponderosa woods.

I want to make a comment about Pagosa Springs. I had no previous contact with this place, and didn't know what to expect. Pagosa Springs is built around a spring. Who knew? The spring is a hot water spring that comes up alongside a river, the San Juan River, and has been built into a sort of vacation destination resort area. There is one main Spa Resort, and several smaller resorts built along the river's edge. Pools have been built that have spring water flowing through them at different temperatures, and people sit in the pools and "take the cure". I stayed at a hotel far from the springs, but the hotel offered a pass for $18 that allowed you to spend the day immersed in the healing waters. I didn't have the time, but it did sound inviting.

Today in Snohomish has been a day of mixed weather. Hail this morning. Sun in the afternoon. I have been on my computer all day, sending emails and and staying inside. Tomorrow is an official day off, so if the weather is good I'd love to go golfing. Hopefully this is what will happen. Golfing, biking, or some such. Not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment