Monday, March 28, 2011

Wow. What a day for things going on. Family things. Work things. Men's Retreat this past weekend at Fort Worden. Durham Friends emails that pile up at a terrific rate. There is just so much going on that it is hard to find the time to blog.

I have been taking a statin drug for cholesterol control since about last October. My new Doc suggested that a low dose would be good idea. I had my first blood test since starting it today, and the LDL level was cut in half. So, now I can live forever, yee ha!

I've been on the road the past two weeks. First I visited Eugene for a conference. Then I spent a week in the south for a week, touring with customers to mills in Florida and Alabama. I put on 1,000 miles on the rental car in 2.5 days. I traversed the length of Alabama, from Florida to Tennessee, and then back to Atlanta. Surprisingly, I really liked the hill country of northern Alabama, and discovered parts I did not know existed. I didn't stop to talk to anybody, however, and the musical refrain from Deliverance kept running through my head...

I got home late on Thursday night, and on Friday I traveled to Port Townsend and Fort Worden to take part in the Evergreen UU Men's Retreat. I did this last year, and I sort of liked it. This year it was better, and with 19 men sitting in the circle we didn't lack for interaction or topics. It was a really good group, and we did fun things like Exstatic Dance, Yoga, Meditation, and Howlling Like Wolves Inside the Bunkers at the Fort! All were very cool activities.

Sorry for being short, but it is now dinner time and Judy is pressing me to get off the blog.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment