Thursday, September 22, 2011

Golf? Really?

I wanted to note for my readers that I have been trying to improve my golf game in anticipation of a couple of BRUKS Rockwood company events that will be happening in October. On Oct. 10 I am participating in a Golf Outing in Alpharetta where customers have been invited and I need to be at least OK. Then, on Oct. 21 and 22, I will be playing in the company "tournament" in Destin FL. This is a time of great razzing and hazing, and comporting myself well at this time will mean a lot.

Anyway, I have been playing as often as I can in anticipation of these outings, and I credit David Oldham, my golf partner in Snohomish, with improving my game tremendously. I am now shooting in the mid to high 80's, and this is a great improvement for me.

I also want to thank Chief for sharing his hybrid clubs with me. I have added literally 30-45 yards to the length of some of the short club shots I make (my 9 Iron shots have been about 100 yards, and now they are 135-145 yards, for example). And my accuracy has improved.

The one bad thing is that I shared Chief's putter with David, and he has improved his putting incredibly, sinking putts from 30-50 feet! And he doesn't miss the 6-10 foot putts anymore! Yikes! I was beating him because he 3-putted, and now he is 1 and 2-putting! HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Maybe I need to ask for the putter back?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Des,
    Just read your latest update, and thought that I would suggest that you purchase a little trailer to attach to your bike, so, that you can start your dream of seeing the country on your bike. This is what our neighbors do, but they have a motorcycle, that they double up on. They can download enough supplies to take them out for at least a week.
    Also, it sounds like a interesting book that you are reading.
    Have a good week. Cute comments on the golf as well. Way to go David.

    ReplyDelete