Thursday, February 17, 2011

Middle February Doldrums

For those who keep track, my leg has been fine. I played walleyball today, and had a great time. No pain, and good movement. I think it is an "in" or "out" condition, and if the socket and leg bone are together, I am fine. Apparently things are currently in alignment.

Today was a day of strange weather. This afternoon we had hail of sorts. It was dramatic and a lot, whatever it was. I ave it on video (I wonder how I am supposed to get that into my blog). It snowed in higher lowlands areas, but not at the house. There were plenty of cars from Arlington and environs with snow on their roofs, blowing off on the trestle.

Judy and Marilyn are cooking together for dinner tonight. Sausage, paprika potatoes, and Nappa Cabbage salad. Maybe a bit of broccoli thrown in for good measure. Another good dinner. Beek, where are you with your progressive cooking plan? Let's see some photos in your blog of amazing and wonderful food. I can't wait.

For the past several nights we have been playing Sequence. This is a game where you use a double deck of cards, and a playing board with images of all the cards and colored chips that you place on the board. As you turn over the few cards in your hand you place your chip onto the board, and try and make lines of chips that are 5 long. This is the sequence. Until last nigth I have been winning all the games, and some by huge margins. It has just been Judy and I, but last night Marilyn joined in. Judy won, and most of the chips were on the board. I had 3 sequences of 4 with interior open cards, and do you think I could draw the cards I needed to win? No! The card Gods hated me last night.

Tomorrow night is BQ, so no evening blog, that's for sure. I will try and get back on Saturday, but if the weather is good, I'll be cycling!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that your leg is good, but how is the fly/sinus infection? I'm sure getting snow in the next few days isn't going to help that.

    As for the recipes, I actually am starting to cook more out of a book, although not necessarily out of Moosewood. I started realizing that we ate a lot of the same dinners, so I'm trying to mix it up a bit. I'm actually going to make the hot wings recipe mom sent me the other day. I'll have Will let you know how it goes. :-)

    ReplyDelete